Monday 1 June 2009

Money for Nothing - Part 2

Well would you believe it M&S money called me back on Friday, while I was out, and left a message on my machine. They tell me that a team has listened to my last call and they confirm that I was told that I was due them £2.43 not they were due me. Unbloody believable. How can this be the case? I've 4 months left on my insurance, I cancel, granted, and they charge me £25 for clicking a button that says cancelled etc. then claim money for loss of 4 months business, of which they were paid upfront, then have the mordacity to charge me a further amount. Why did I bother? With an increase of motorist uninsured in this country it really irks me that as a customer they could and would do this.

I’ve reread my policy and terms, which I’d read a year ago when I’d taken it out, and they nicely state the following 'We may also charge a percentage of the total cost of cover, depending on when you cancel.' I give emphasis to the words may and depending. Surely either a fee or percentage should be applicable and enough but not both and certainly not a further charge; so does 4 months not apply?

I am disgusted by this situation and with M&S money, it's one thing to charge a fee but I really don't see why they should get to keep my money for months I won't be insured by them or to pay them more for the privilege. It really does go to show that car insurance and insurance in generally can be money for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment